Tuesday 8 February 2011

Gold Fingeeeerrrrr, waaa waaa wa!

Apologies for the cheesy Shirley Bassey/James Bond reference, but it did have to be done . . .


Last week I was making a little visit to the models own website to see what lovely nail varnishes I could treat myself to, and sat on their homepage was this little beauty - Gold Rush!

To start out I need to tell you I'm not a gold sort of girl, its silver all the way for me, but after having a little read of the description I had to see for myself!

"Models Own has pushed the boundaries to the limit and created the most opulent nail polish – Gold Rush.

When painted on it looks like gold leaf. It glistens, glimmers and actually sparkles like tiny diamonds, yet is absolutely smooth to the touch.
"

lush!

I should probably mention that this is the second version of this nail varnish that has been released, the first being in a gold and diamond encrusted bottle, a pinch at only £83,000! Read more here, I personally prefer this one though as it only costs a fiver!!


I'll give my apologies now for the state of my cuticles, I used to do a manual job and they have never really recovered!

Anyway, back to gold rush, I love the word they use "opulent" i must admit I wasn't quite sure what it meant, but I'm sure this photo demonstrates this...


I applied 4 coats to get this result, and yes that is a bit heavy, but I found the formula dried very quickly so it didn't take long between coats. I usually find that I cannot wear a nail polish for more than a day, two at a push before it chips, and as soon as there is a chip, ill start picking the rest off (very attractive!) however I have now had this on for 3 full days, and it still looks great! I'm getting a little bit of fading on the ends of my nails from typing today but not enough to make it look tatty, because of the super-shiny sparklyness it barely notices, so I will carrying this application forward to tomorrow, day 4!


I got loads of compliments on this at work today, I know, its not exactly a "day at the office" colour, but it cheered me up! It is probably more appropriate for an evening, or sunnier time of year!

So to conclude, I love this, I ordered 5 polishes in total from the models own website (buy 5 save £7 - result!), i am very much looking forward to trying the rest, but at the moment I just cant bring myself to remove gold rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment